At Advanced Family Dental & Orthodontics of Mt. Olive, we pride ourselves in offering leading technology and cutting-edge techniques to provide you with the best possible dental care. That’s why we utilize the latest digital x-ray equipment when creating treatment plans and detecting hidden dental abnormalities. These radiograph images ensure that you will receive preventative and diagnostic care you can trust.
There are a number of reasons why our patients prefer digital x-rays over traditional film radiographic images. Here are just a few of the benefits you will experience as a patient:
- Instant Results – Our digital sensor sends your images directly to our computer for review. This allows you to get your results immediately!
- Safer Technology – Safety is of upmost importance to us. While modern day x-rays are still quite safe, our digital x-ray system reduces your exposure to radiation by 80-90%.
- More Accurate Diagnoses – With digital photos, we are able to zoom in on and enlarge your x-ray images. By doing so, this allows us to more easily detect underlying issues, as well as ensure that you’re getting the most accurate diagnosis.
Thanks to this leading x-ray technology, we are able to provide you with more accurate diagnostics and better preventative care to maintain your oral health.
We utilize digital x-rays to track your oral health over the course of multiple appointments. These images also allow us to maintain your dental records, provide more thorough dental examinations, diagnose the cause of certain symptoms, and identify your risk level for disease. Ultimately, the x-ray allows us to collect valuable information about your oral health that may not be visible to the naked eye. Here are some of the oral health issues we may be able to detect using radiographic technology:
- Decay Between the Teeth
- Developmental Abnormalities
- Cancerous and Non-Cancerous Tumors
- Bone Loss
- Abscesses or Cysts
- Poor Tooth and Root Positions
It is critical to catch these problems early, so as to avoid further damage to your oral health. Therefore, we recommend that you visit your dentist every six months for a routine check-up, where we will take regular x-rays to track the health of your teeth, gums, and jawbone. Doing so will ultimately save you a great deal in time, money, and discomfort in the long-run.
If you would like to learn more about our digital x-ray methods, or would like to schedule your routine visit to the dentist, contact our Mt. Olive office today! We’re happy to answer any of your questions to ensure you’re confident in the dental care that is provided to you and your family.